I am feeling more useful, lately. I think I am just feeling busier since I have had tasks to complete for Operation West Virginia and I am also trying to get ready to go to Romania, get my car fixed, and still do my “contacting.” Honestly, I don’t usually notice and I don’t usually care about my eating habits or working out, but I am sure I’ve gained weight since I got here. Today I went out for lunch (to Matt’s favorite restaurant – Century Inn) with a girl from the youth group and was totally stuffed. Then I went out for dinner with a girl from the church that is a few years older than me and just had a baby. It’s so good to hang out with her. I really like her, but I was unbelievably full again when I left La Carreta (the best Mexican restaurant in Summersville… and probably the only one). This has got to stop. When I think about all I ate today and how many times I went to Creamy Castle last week, it makes me want to diet. But I know that won’t happen, so this will be my last post complaining about how fat I’m getting.
Yesterday we had our weekly intern meeting and we split up into groups of guys and girls (there are 5 of each) to discuss how we’re doing, what we’re stressed about, and the book we’re reading. I know I’m not really stressed at all, but I was by far the most content person in the room. I couldn’t even really think of something that was frustrating or that I’m having a hard time dealing with. I don’t think I stress that easily because I know that everything will be okay eventually and it’s just not worth the stress (especially in the summer when it’s not even for school). I can’t really remember the last time I was so stressed that I freaked out about it. The only time that comes to mind is when I was in 11th grade and I had to write a paper on Mexican politics and had NO idea what I was doing and put it off way too long. The only reason I remember it is because I told Tyler and Lester that they weren’t allowed to talk to me for like a week until I got it finished, but then I ended up calling Lester every day. I still remember that Lester sent me an email with the “Top Ten Signs You Know You’re Stressed” or something and they were things like ‘You wake up to discover your bed is on fire, but go back to sleep because you just don't care,’ ‘You leave for a party and instinctively bring your backpack,’ and my favorite: ‘You think about how relaxing it would be if you were in jail right now.’ I think they were all funny, but those stuck in my mind. I can remember a few other times my freshman year of college when I had horrible time management skills (which still haven’t improved…) when I freaked out and ended up staying up all night with Steve to learn about Russian politics or trying to write an English or History paper. But I always got the work done on time, so even if I was freaking out about papers or presentations it didn’t last too long.
So when the girls were crying, talking about how stressed they are, I pretty much said, “I’m just going to wait till Saturday and take it as it comes.” I think life is much more enjoyable when you don’t have to freak out about what’s going to happen a few days from now, and just assume that everything will work out okay. I’ll attribute it to my “I” personality shining through.
3 comments:
"I am definitely really stressed out. This internship is definitely really hard. There's definitely nothing more difficult than interning at a church. I am definitely going to have to cry, now." Ha.
I don't want to hear the word "diet" come out of your mouth (or typed on your blog) one more time! You are one of the only females I have ever met who does not have a complex or even mild preoccupation about weight and that is something to hold on to. Eat it up! You'll be back to MN and back to healthy eating habits soon enough, just enjoy it for now. P.S. All of this eating you are doing is preparing you for your time in Romania where they will feed you until you think that you will burst every day. And it's not even good food. That probably didn't help much. Sorry.
I think the "wanting to diet" phase is gone. Went to Creamy Castle for lunch yesterday!
Post a Comment