I got two new books in the mail today! That makes me happy. Hopefully I can read them soon. I'll do that instead of trying to find real things to do for my "job." I have plenty of reading I can do, since I bought two books at the book warehouse, I have two more coming in the mail, and I accidentally stole a book from someone in Romania. Not to mention the book that I am supposed to be reading with the other interns that I had to catch up in by like 6 chapters for our meeting today. I'm set for reading for a while, since I also started 2 other books while I was on the plane home. I just need create a priority list to decide what to read now.
I am so loving the church here in West Virginia that it makes me sad that I'll have to find another one when I get back home. Jim always says that his goal is for us to learn what the DNA of a healthy church looks like, and I really think I have. It's going to be weird to get back home and not be thinking about contacting people, hanging out with people just because they don't have anyone else, and constantly "loving on" (as Jim would say) the unlovely people. It's a completely different culture in the Twin Cities, I almost feel like I'll have to adjust again to being in the US. Figure that one out.
There's so many things running through my mind, but I want to go check out my books. That's the plan.
Oh and happy birthday, Mom! I don't think she reads this, but it's still her birthday for about an hour Central time. Just thought I would acknowledge that.
No comments:
Post a Comment