Monday, October 24, 2005

why even try?

While I was diligently doing homework this morning like a good student, I got so caught up in copying my spanish assignment from the free-translating website that I didn't even realize that my lit candle had somehow spilled over the edge of itself (aren't candles supposed to be a little easier to maintain than that?) and covered my desk, printer, papers, homework, photos, garbage can, floor, and carpet in hot wax in a matter of seconds. Ironically, when I discovered what was happening and tried to stop the wax from coming at my computer, I also realized that my teeth-whitener had been on too long, rushed to the bathroom to wash it off, and discovered several white spots all over my teeth. I don't normally whiten my teeth, so I'm not sure if this is a normal occurence, but I'm not very pleased. If this is what I get for trying to be a good student, I give up.

On top of all this, I seriously think I might freeze to death in my apartment. My hands are like ice all the time. Last night I slept wearing a t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, and wool socks with a fleece blanket and my down comforter on top of me. This was just barely enough to keep me warm. The thing is, I could easily turn on the heat, but my roommates aren't cold at all. I stumble out of my room in the morning and they are sitting in the kitchen in tank tops and shorts! I DON'T understand it AT ALL. They don't think we need to turn the heat on and they don't understand why I want to close the windows in the living room. Someday they'll wake up in the morning and wonder why my alarm has been going off for hours and they'll look in my room and I'll look all peacefully cocooned in my blankets, but I'll really be DEAD because I'm going to freeze to death in my sleep. Maybe then they'll understand why my nose is always runny and I walk around the house wearing every sweatshirt I own... but it will be too late.

4 comments:

Lester said...

More reasons to move out here. It may be ghetto, but you wouldn't freeze to death. I have to keep the cooler on all day or it's too hot to sleep.

krista said...

it is SO tempting.

Jonas of Sinope said...

Time for a fourth school?

krista said...

yeah, it's about that time.