Monday, April 17, 2006

I only write when I should be doing something more important

I know I promised updates on some things earlier, but I don't feel like writing about them. Or really feel like writing much at all. In fact, I should be writing a paper right now that's due on Wednesday, but I just can't get myself to start it... so I thought I'd mention something exciting that happened to me today: I got 2 caribou FREE DRINK coupons in the mail today. I'm so excited. Unfortunately, sometimes I get too excited about things like this, thinking I need to save these coupons until the perfect time when I need coffee and I'm totally broke, but it seems that by then they've expired and I'm way disappointed. So I'll have to use them soon... and remember that they're only coupons, and they're only saving me like $4 each. And also remember that I can drink as much free coffee as I want about 25 hours a week. So there. I've totally downplayed it, and my exciting news is now boring.

Time to start another paper... three more weeks of class, one week of finals and I'm off to train for yet another summer job. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll find out 1) where I'm actually going this summer and 2) where I'm doing my internship in the fall. And if I'm really lucky, 3) where I'm going to live next school year. So if anyone's got any cheap suggestions, I'm open to them. And if anyone has any expertise on social work practice with Hmong and Sudanese immigrants and refugees, feel free to write a few pages on it for me.

Oh, and my eye problem that reoccured this weekend and made me think I might go blind is pretty much cleared up today, thanks to a bottle of tobramycin and dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension (and thanks to the eye doctor who called me every day to make sure I was okay and saved me the $90 that this 1 ml bottle costs by giving it to me for free!).

9 comments:

Lynnea said...

Wow, I'm so proud of you. I was checking your blog with full intentions of posting a comment on your last post that said something along the lines of "Liar, you said you'd post soon and you haven't!" But you beat me to it. Good for you. You saved yourself from the wrath of Lynnea, and nobody wants that.

Jonas of Sinope said...

I want that, Lynnea.

Lynnea said...

Okay, you asked for it...

krista said...

I'm not sure what the "wrath of Lynnea" would look like. I was gonna come up with some idea I thought would be funny, but then it wasn't. So I gave up. By the way, look how good I am now - posting AND checking the comments the next day and responding. I deserve a gold star or something. This is only happening because the paper is actually due tomorrow, and I'm trying to write it and stalling again.

Jonas of Sinope said...

I wish you had "something more important" to do more often...

Lester said...

Heh. "...the wrath of Lynnea," heh, heh. Does that even exist? (And do I want to know if it does?)

Lynnea said...

I'm sure it exists somewhere deep down, I've never actually had to unleash it...I don't know what it would take for that to happen. Hopefully I'll never know.

bradley said...

If it ever does come out, Lynnea, I'd appreciate seeing a video of it.

Krista, I'm sure you're doing your own independent research on the Hmong and Sudanese, but Wikipedia has a small but informative section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_people#Hmong_in_the_United_States

and here's another website dedicated to the Hmong in America: http://www.jefflindsay.com/Hmong_tragedy.html

Lynnea said...

Krista, you better call that number NOW!!! Hurry!