Yesterday we drove up to the northern most point of the island, to a city called Messina. We found yet another beautiful beach (most of the coast of Sicily is beautiful beaches) and swam and relaxed.
The only odd part about the day was that in order to get to the beach, we followed
a map that took us up and down a huge mountain. I have never felt car sick in my life, but we had to stop twice on this trip to settle the stomaches of Zora and myself. At the top we stopped and made sandwiches, and I drove the rest of the way back down instead of squishing between two others in the backseat.
It was a beautiful drive, once I could see it from the front and enjoy belting out Frank Sinatra tunes.
After our long day at the beach, we ended up at a little restaurant that wasn't technically open, but decided to serve us dinner, anyway. I had thebest pasta there that I've had since I got to Italy... and after a long day in the sun, it was a perfect ending.

P.S. If I had more time on the computer, I'd try to fiugre out how to actually get the pictures to line up nicely with what I'm talking about. But I only have the time and patience to throw them on and hope that it looks decent.


2 comments:
Goodness, your hair is SO blonde!
Oh, and I can't believe you're holding hands with another girl. I have been officially betrayed.
Miss you!
yeah, my hair is really blonde and my skin is... as tan as it can be, I suppose. Zora and I hold hands a lot because it keeps guys from trying to touch us. I miss you too, and will try to call today!
Post a Comment