Friday, December 05, 2008

Goodbye Minnesota


Sadly, I'm no longer a Minnesota resident. Today I had to surrender my MN license to get an Ontario one, and I think a little bit of me died inside... Just kidding. What's most upsetting is that because they kept it, now I don't have any photo ID with my married name on it. The only reason I care is because the Post Office probably won't let me pick up any packages now. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to visiting in three weeks! Minnesota still claims a piece of my heart.

5 comments:

Thall said...

Yay! Blog posting! We will have to celebrate this tonight (the blog posting that is. We can celebrate the Ontario license when you actually get it!).

Lynnea said...

This blog sounds so permanent...you don't have to say goodbye to Minnesota, just "See you later." :)

Jonas of Sinope said...

Yeah, they should have just clipped the corner. Oh well. Did you get a new passport?

krista said...

I assume you mean US (since I'm not a citizen here), and no, I haven't changed it yet. I can't change it now, since all my immigration stuff is in that name, so I'll get a new one when mine expires in 2014.

Jonas of Sinope said...

Oh, I misread your post as saying that you didn't have a photo ID with your maiden name. That's why I mentioned the passport.