Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love chocolate

For Valentine's Day, a friend of mine wanted to buy his wife chocolate-covered strawberries. He went to a well-known chocolate shop and purchased half a dozen. The total came to $50. He was a little surprised, but figured hey, it's Valentine's Day... all chocolate's expensive, right? When I heard the story, I said "FIFTY DOLLARS for SIX strawberries?!" That is highway robbery, if you ask me.

Disgusted, but now craving chocolate-covered strawberries, I went to the store and picked up the necessary ingredients to make them myself: dark chocolate and strawberries. I made 10.


They cost me less than $4. Moral of the story? I think it's obvious - don't be an idiot.


P.S. I revamped the blog a bit... things were getting outdated since it was created 5 years ago.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You did exactly what I would have done, Krista! (altho I don't like chocolate on strawberries) You see what a waste it is to not be domestic or creative or just industrious. That's my girl!!!