Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday

Well, I'm doing horribly with my promise to update this more regularly. I haven't put a lot of effort into it because 1) I assumed I had lost any readers that there were... and 2) I don't have a lot of exciting things to share. Sorry. My life is lame.

The biggest update is that school has started and I am successfully 6 classes in to my master's degree. While I do enjoy school, this already feels like it's going to be a long process.... I have learned that I do not like 3 hours classes (which all of them are) and I especially do not like night classes (have one this semester and next semester). But I'll get through it. I find myself back to the stage in life where I left off in my last degree... figuring out what it is that I really want to do. The beauty of social work is that there are so many options. The downside is that they don't pay well, you are overworked, sometimes spit upon, and burn out quickly. With all this in mind, I am trying to look ahead to the path that I will create for myself through research projects and internships. On top of that, my job wants me to stay on with them after I finish... so I have a lot to consider.

Needless to say, I've been busy in the last few weeks, but still make time for our Friday night soccer games! I was hesitant to register again for the fall league, but it gives me a good outlet for frustration and forces me to socialize. :)

So whoever is out there reading, enjoy your Friday night... we will look sweaty like this in a few hours:


P.S. Thanks to those who gave advice about how to manage while working and going to school... organization definitely is the key!

No comments: