Monday, August 09, 2010

back to school, back to school...

I know I promised new house pictures, but the place isn't ready yet. I haven't even finished painting, even though we have owned the place for over a month. A good excuse is that we were on vacation for 2 weeks in Vancouver, Seattle, and Minneapolis. I'll get some photos ready soon.

In the mean time, I am counting down until the day I go back to school to start my master's degree (30 days). I have been pretty excited for the last 5 months, but the reality of the workload is starting to set in and I have realized that I've gotten pretty lazy in the 3 years since I've been out of school and 6 months that I've been working part-time. I've been enjoying time to read, exercise, and catch up on the first 10 years of Survivor before I realized that I enjoy the show. I plan to keep my job while in school, but I'm told that it's a very "un-Canadian" thing to work while doing any sort of degree. It makes me kind of nervous, even though I worked about 30 hours a week throughout most of my undergrad. I'm worrying that maybe school up here is harder, maybe there's more work or they're more tough on grading, and I'm pretty sure grad school is supposed to be more work as it is!

Any words of advice from people out there who have done grad school and maintained their job at the same time? Unfortunately Tyler told me that I'm not allowed to quit, so it will have do be done even if it drives me crazy!

I'll throw a few pictures from my bro-in-law's wedding in here as well:

2 comments:

Lynnea said...

Now I've gotten into the habit of checking your blog regularly, so you better post again soon!

krista said...

oh... ok. I figured no one was reading so I will try to be better...