The thing that really gets me about customers that I didn't add before is that they are actually allowed to order things extra hot. I hate extra hot orders. We steam milk to 160 degrees normally, and by the health code I am only allowed to steam something up to 180 degrees, yet people constantly ask for their drinks to be "extra hot." Who in their right mind drinks something that is almost 200 degrees?
Four more days of finals and then summer technically begins and I'll need to really figure out what's going on. There's too much to do this week!
8 comments:
You need more customers like me, I enjoy my drinks/food lukewarm.
Everyone should just order things the way the are supposed to me made. I won't put up with this "Make it your drink" promotion anymore. No more adding a shot, extra hot, breve, half-caf, 2 splendas, extra whip, etc!
I thought about you today when I was doing a million coffee tastings (I am required to taste them all and I've been putting it off for like 8 months) and how you said you like Starbucks coffee now. They still all taste the same to me.
This makes no sense. None. Any logical person should be offended at the concept of extra hot coffee. Don't they have to wait for it to cool off before they can even drink it? If I were you, I would make their coffee normal hot and see if anyone actually notices.
that's usually what I do if I already have perfectly good 160 degree milk. Who cares? Or what happens is if someone wants something extra hot then I steam it extra hot and then the next people who order drinks get theirs scalding as well.
On the other hand, it is also annoying to get customers who order things "at 140 degrees." Can't everything just be normal?
I like my coffee at 140 degrees. Screw you for judging me. I'll make it my drink if I want, and I do want, and my add a shot, extra hot, breve, half-caf, 2 splendas, extra whip coffee WILL BE 140 degrees.
PS - I am serious. When I made my own espresso drinks, I steamed the milk to 140. Then I didn't have to wait for it to cool down. But at Starbuck's I just take what they give me; otherwise one of them might snap...
I see you have stumbled upon my blog and you have chosen rebellion over compliance. Well, I guess all I have to say is I WILL judge you, and Marty.
Have you ever worked in a coffee shop? I think everyone will agree that it is an instinct to judge the person who comes in and orders a decaf-triple-grande-organic-half the mocha-valencia-with whip and her friend who gets the triple-espresso-over ice-with 2 pumps vanilla.
You can order your drinks at 140, but who knows if you'll get them that way.
So ... we meet at last. I have to say, Krista, I'm a little bit disappointed that I'm only just now finding out about this SecretBlog of yours. Yes, some might say I only talk to you once every four or five months. And yes, some might say that Bryan and Lynnea BOTH inadvertantly mentioned it to me a long time ago and I just forgot about it. Some people might say those things, and they might be true. But still, I would've thought that I, of all people, would've gotten the word about this site before now.
Okay, anyway, glad to be reading about your life. I'm sure I'll see you around Casa de Erixon in the next few days, if not today, even.
Post a Comment