So, good news on all fronts. The last few days have been extremely busy, but it's been really fun because I have been able to spend time with a lot of people that I would normally like to see throughout the summer and, of course, won't be able to for several months. My official last day of work was Friday, and I immediately headed out to River Falls after that to celebrate a friend's birthday (and my half birthday, which is practically as important... or not really, since I was reminded tonight that being an Erickson means that it's natural for me to try to steal other peoples' spotlight and be overdramatic about everything else... I'm still trying to decide if I'm offended by that) and had fun on my last night with school friends. Then this morning we had a late breakfast and I headed over to my apartment to finally clean out the rest of my stuff and explain to the person I found living in my room a few days ago that he needs to pay our last cable bill if he doesn't want me to cancel it without telling him. It surprisingly took me longer than I expected to gather the last of my belongings, but it was so hot and I was feeling rushed so I may have forgotten several things. Who knows. But I got the magnetic poetry and the last of my clay pots... that stuff is important.
This was followed by a wonderful night hanging out with the family that I lived with in WV last summer as well as about half of the interns I worked with there. It was so great because I even feel like I know their extended family and got to chat with their sisters, brothers, and parents. Apparently they all have a love for Settlers of Catan and I can't believe we never knew this last summer. I was totally missing out.
Afterwards I went back to EP to celebrate another birthday and spend some time with high school friends that I really don't get to see often enough. The funny thing about being with people I went to high school with is that I always feel like I didn't really know anyone in high school. They talk about all the updates on who got really drunk at a frat party and kicked in a car window to recent marriages/engagements of people we graduated with and I rarely know any of the people. I kept saying that my excuse was that I totally checked out in high school and really haven't talked to anyone from that era in the last four years. Except maybe three people. So for the most part it was good to catch up.
I just received an email from one of my professors that I had written to asking for a copy of my final paper that I submitted in my research class, because the school website took away my access to my classes/grades about a week after school was out and I never saw the graded paper. So he emailed a copy to me and it turns out I got an A on it, which is about 15 percent higher than everyone else I've talked to in that class about the assignment. This is a huge surprise to me, because the class was ridiculously hard (all the research papers I wrote in my freshman English and History classes didn't really prepare me for writing actual research proposals for social science studies that I'll have to conduct next year in my field placement!). I wish my grades would have turned out better this semester, but it was probably my hardest and busiest semester so I'm satisfied because I really feel that I worked as hard as I could.
Also, there's a possibility I'll have a place to live in the fall, and I'll have to see if it works out when I get back. I just might not be homeless. So now I leave in exactly one week and it comes down to the really annoying tasks like: getting a wisdom tooth pulled, cavities filled, applying for school loans so I can pay tuition as soon as I return, last minute shopping, packing, etc. I'm glad I got to see a lot of people in the last week because I won't be around much in the coming week, and Tyler will be here, and we're going to Omaha on Friday for a wedding. Agh! Seriously, when will I ever have any free time to start my long-awaited scrapbooking hobby?
No comments:
Post a Comment