Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I hate commitments

Ever since I began my job my manager has been bugging me to apply for the shift supervisor position. I never really cared much about it, but during the last shift I worked with her she informed me that I had an interview with the district manager for the postion on Thursday. I can't really complain if I get the job, because it'll pay at least $50 more a week than I make right now, but I am a little worried about dealing with the people who have been working there longer than me who also deserve the promotion. It will definitely be nice if I get this job because I need the money, but I hope they're okay with me taking off for the summer and returning in the fall (this is my usual trend, though I don't often actually return in the fall... sometimes I wander back in December or January...). I can't stand the thought of working in Woodbury all summer.

So I've been looking into options for getting away and I can't decide what to do. There are a few things that would hold me back and make me not want to go away, but my summers before I finish school and have to get a real job are ticking away! I need to take advantage of the four months of freedom while I have it. On the other hand, it's really strange that I am trying to figure out what to do with my summer. I've spent every summer since I was 15 working at camp. I don't even know what normal people do during the summer. Work in the mountains of Alaska? That's what I'm leaning towards.

No comments: