Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Roma

I made it to Rome! I don't have a lot of time to write, but thought I'd put a few pictures up and explain a little about them. It was totally amazing and a perfect weekend to go (especially to hang out with the Italians during the world cup game!). Here are a few of the pictures:


We hung out with a pack of American guys that Z knew from Washington during the soccer game, obviously blending in with the Italians in our blue jerseys...



I'm pretty sure the statue is only holding an Italian flag because everyone went crazy-patriotic after the World Cup game.



The black and white pictures are the beautiful Trevi Fountain. I wish I could have gotten a better picture of the whole thing, but there were hundreds of people swarming the place the whole time we were there.


These are the inside and outside of the Colosseum.

After feeling lost for a while, Z and I sat down and were staring at a map and finally asked an English speaking couple where we were. Without thinking for 2 seconds they point at the map and say, "Right there. You're sitting on the steps of the Pantheon." If I knew my history better, we would have known that... This is me in front of a fountain in the same square.


Towards the end of our trip, Zora and I wandered in to a beautiful park and found that there was an amazing view from the top of it. It was kind of hazy, so the photo of the city isn't so great, but here is us standing in front of the great view.

2 comments:

Lynnea said...

Who wrote all over your tank top, and what does it say?

krista said...

believe it or not, it came that way... I don't remember what it says. half of it's in English and half is in Italian. I thought it looked cool when I got it at the market, and every time I go back I see tons of the same print all over shirts and purses and stuff. it's weird. I'm trendy.