Saturday, August 13, 2005

The countdown

I can't believe I go home in three days. Last night Heather and I drove home from Little Birch Days together and talked about all the normal things at home that will be weird to be around again. A few things I'm looking forward to (besides people): the lakes, Caribou Coffee, Hopkins theater, Target, tons of restaurants (Panera, Noodles, Chipotle, Jimmy John's, all the ice cream places, all the coffee shops), my bike, the straight roads, being able to "go downtown" or "go to uptown," having access to live music and plays... the list could go on, I'm sure. It was such a culture shock coming here, and now it's going to be a strange adjustment going back.

It's too bad I'll be too poor to do any of these things. Or maybe that's a good thing.

Tonight there is going to be a big farewell party. I'm excited, but I'll probably cry. When did I become emotional? Ok, I have to go shower and do something with my day.

No comments: