Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm back

I just got back from the DC trip, and even though we just went for three days, it was totally long enough. I don't think any of us could have stood to stay longer, but it was a pretty good trip for the most part. I'll probably debrief about it later, but I just thought I'd throw a few pictures up here (some of the ones that actually turned out...) in the meantime. So here it goes:

This is Missy, Falon, and Heather standing with the first ladies... well, cardboard cut-outs of the first ladies, but we thought it would be hilarious to make it look like we were just hanging out with them.



Here are the other three (there were 4 of us on this trip) in the National Art Museum. I was trying to figure out how to take clear pictures but instead took it in brown/white.




This is the "entrance" to Chinatown, right when you get off the Metro. We ate most of our meals here, but only one of them was Chinese food. Chinatown here is WAY diff. from in NYC. This one was full of things like McDonald's, Chipotle, Potbelly, Fuddruckers, Ruby Tuesday, Urban Outfitters, etc. It was weird, but still cool (since I haven't seen those things in so long!).



This is one of the many Smithsonian museums. This one is the main information building, but we also went to the American History Museum, Air and Space Museum, and the Natural Science Museum.





A tropical flower I found by some fountains... I thought it would be funny to pretend that I really went to Hawaii for the weekend, but then I thought no one would believe me.



This is one of my few patriotic pictures. It's the Washington Monument and I actually took this picture at like 10pm, so I'm surprised that the sky turned out so blue. But I like it.


This concludes my short, pictoral (is that a word?) update of the trip for now. I'll write more about how cool, exciting, and unbelievable this trip was later (hmm, that was sarcastic but you probably can't tell)... or maybe I'll write about how frustrated we got with each other and the heated debate between Falon and myself. We'll see.

By the way, I can't believe I'm done with my internship in a week. It's crazy!

8 comments:

krista said...

hey megs - I was thinking about you while I was there because I know you love DC. One of the girls I was with went with Close Up when she was in high school, so she helped us get around to all the cool stuff. It was an interesting trip, but I don't think I would ever want to live there.

Lester said...

I salivated when I saw the picture of the Smithsonian building. I recognized it immediately (you know me and museums). It's too bad you had to go to such a fun place with people you got into heated discussions with and got sick of. I'm totally thinking of bailing on Disneyland this week because I know Monica is going to get all over my nerves. You and I should just go on vacations with eachother so we know we'll have a good time.

krista said...

I totally agree. We've been meaning to go to Disneyland for a long time, too.

Lester said...

I talked to Brian and I'm totally serious about Vancouver. We'll go there. My mom wants me to start saving for some trip to Switzerland in 2009 - you'd better start saving for that, too. I'm going to make rules about my vacations: Some combination of Krista and Matt comes or I just don't go. The end. I still haven't made up my mind about Disneyland...

krista said...

Hey, I'll totally be in Vancouver whenever you want to go. But saving for a trip in 2009... seems a little early to plan. I'm glad that I'm included in your rules for vacations. We still need to do our big Europe trip whenever we finally graduate, remember? We can start saving for that - hopefully one of us will finish earlier than 2009...

Lynnea said...

Krista, Lester, how about London in 2012????

krista said...

We will go to London earlier than 2012... right?? Tonight I planned a sailing trip to South America with someone from WV. All I gotta do is get to Key West, FL.

If school and money didn't get in my way, all I'd do is travel! Maybe Tyler can get really rich "doing" Chemistry and then we can quit our jobs and we can all take a trip around the world!

Lester said...

I've given this a lot of thought, and I think we ought to start investing in Powerball tickets to finance our travel needs.

Anyway, yes, we go to London sooner than 2012. And we have to go to Glastonbury and see all the creepy stuff talked about in The Mists of Avalon. My goal is to see some part of Europe before I turn thirty and WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

But for now? Vancouver in September? It's on. Call me.